New Meaning Group Employer:
New Meaning Centre:
New Meaning Training
Application Closing Date:
£23,000 - £28,000
Could you be a New Meaning Training tutor? If you believe you have what it takes to help young people reveal their potential, then we want to hear from you.
For those new to this sort of role we will provide full training and support and for those with lots of experience we value your know-how. Whether this is a career change or career progression, we believe that joining New Meaning Training might just be the right move for you.
If you're interested in young people and want to support, and teach the Work and Study course, then this is the job for you! You'd get to work with a fantastic, passionate team who create an energising and caring work environment.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
· Work with young people, parents, careers services, Youth Offending Services, Schools, and other referral or partners agencies to enable the young people to complete the ACHIEVE /Boost programme, achieve their qualifications and progress on to living a more independent life
· Encourage and reinforce to the young people the links between regular attendance, participation & effort and positive outcome for them
· To work as part of a team to deliver Training in Maths and English, Employability Skills and embed British Values
· To work as part of a team to organise practical life skills training and activities that enable the young people strengthen their independence and progress to employment and/or further training.
· To work as part of a team to generate creative ideas for how you or other team members can support very hard to engage young people
· To complete all paperwork and assessments to the required standard set out by our college partner (Buckinghamshire College Group) and our Lead Body for qualifications, NOCN
· Maintain your own diary and update all progress trackers each week
· Work with your line manager to manage your CPD programme. Maintain your own diary of appointments with learners and update all progress trackers each week.
· Work with your Area Manager to manage your CPD programme.
New Meaning Training is an alternative education provision helping young people to find their strengths and develop the confidence and skills to earn their own living. Around 250 young people will join one of three programmes this year, many having been referred by secondary schools, pupil referral units and Special Education Needs settings. We currently offer four learning programmes; Construction Skills, Work & Study, BOOST and Achieve, all of which incorporate functional skills qualifications (Maths and English). Since New Meaning Training opened its first centre in High Wycombe in 2015, the organisation is now supporting young people across Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Berkshire.
You will have:
· Excellent communication skills
· A teamwork ethos
· Empathy and understanding for young people in all circumstances
· The desire to help learners to achieve their goals
· Confidence to identify and maintain a collaboration with local businesses for work experience placements
· Professionalism always – when working with learners, parents and external parties
· Ability to manage own diary and consistently keep to planned visits with learners
· Either a good understanding of current social issues (eg County Lines and the impact of COVID on young people and their mental health) or a willingness to learn
· An ability to understand deadlines and be able to adapt to suit learner needs
· Be able to use initiative to differentiate learning styles and learning abilities
· Full UK Driving Licence
Type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
Location: High Wycombe HP112RX
Application deadline: 7th October 23
Expected start date: October 23